SEMCO’s 6U R600A Series Telemetry Receivers have been built and installed in Flight Test Ranges as well as related telemetry requirements across the world for the last 20+ years. As a legacy receiver, the R600A Series remains a workhorse for several Flight Test Ranges, with several hundred currently still operational in the field. SEMCO continues to support the various identified R600A requirements, and with life cycle support requirements extended out over the next 10 years. This highly reliable and well-performing telemetry receiver is IRIG 106-20 Tier II phase noise compliant and offers advanced demodulation formats per IRIG (PCM/FM, PM, BPSK, A/U/O/Q/PSK, Trellis FM, SOQPSK-TG and Multi-h CPM) in RF tuning bands from 200 MHz to 5250 MHz. The most popular and widely used configuration is the RC600A-4, which is a quad channel receiver combiner system with two Optimal Ratio Pre- and Post-d Diversity Combiners installed. An eight-channel R600 has also been developed and currently supports specific Navy programs.
The R600A Series Receiver is designed around a Windows 10 processor and operating system. DSIA IA compliance is assured using approved Windows 10 Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) that are routinely used to harden the operating system against identified cyber security threats. Remote control via Ethernet and AES encryption on the remote message data provides for additional enhanced security.
Local control has been enhanced by the use of a front panel 7″ touch screen. Eye Pattern, Constellation, Spectrum and STC Meter displays provide visual reinforcement of receiver performance, while SEMCO’s Receiver Control and Monitoring Software (RCMS) provides remote (network) control.
Important additional features provided by the R600A series receiver include:
- DQE/DQM – for use with all industry Best Source Selectors
- Next Generation Adaptive Equalization (AE) – for RF Multi-Path mitigation
- Space Time Coding (STC) – mitigates the “2-antenna” interference issues & compatible with all STC transmitters
- Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) – selectable IRIG block sizes, coding rates & IRIG/CCSDS de-randomization & compatible with all LDPC transmitters
- Embedded bit sync, frame sync, BERT & PN Pattern Generator – BER and other critical IRIG 118 testing
- Independent AM detection – fixed AGC Time Constant for antenna tracking without compromising telemetry data quality
- Playback – pre-d 70 MHz IF
- Multi-Channel Pre-d Record and Playback – selectable 75 kHz to 15 MHz and independent gain controls
- Viterbi, Turbo and Reed-Solomon FEC + FM/FM, PM/PSK Subcarrier and Spread Spectrum demodulation formats
- Multi-Channel TMoIP – in CH10 and IRIG 218-20 formats, with IRIG rear panel input for IRIG time-Tagging
- Dual Redundant “Hot Swappable” power supplies – for increased reliability.
Because of commonality in hardware and software design, several hundred 6U R600A legacy receivers have been converted and upgraded to the 3U R300C Series platform…at a significant cost savings when compared to the price of a new receiver.
Contact us – we will be pleased to provide you additional technical information and discuss the best receiver options to fit your requirements.