SEMCO’s 3U R300C Series Telemetry Receivers are IRIG 106-20 Tier II phase noise compliant, offering advanced demodulation formats per IRIG (PCM/FM, PM, BPSK, A/U/O/Q/PSK, Trellis FM, SOQPSK-TG and Multi-h CPM) in RF tuning bands from 70 MHz to 5250 MHz. The most popular and widely used configuration is the RC300C-2, which is a dual channel receiver combiner system with an Optimal Ratio Pre- and Post-d Diversity Combiner installed.
The R300C Series Receiver uses a hardened operating environment and “DMZ Buffer” design technology (Ethernet-to-Serial Adapter with Secure Shell (SSH) protocol) for secure Ethernet connection to isolate the receiver’s embedded ARM Processors from the outside world. DSIA IA compliance is assured, with remote control via Ethernet and with AES encryption on the remote message data for additional enhanced security.
Local control has been enhanced by the use of dual 7” LCD touch screens. The user can always view status and configuration of the unit while controlling options and set-ups using the second touch screen for data entry. Eye Pattern, Constellation, Spectrum and STC Meter displays provide visual reinforcement of receiver performance, while SEMCO’s System Level Telemetry Software (SLTS) provides remote (network) control.
Important additional features that set the R300C Series Receiver above the competition include:
- DQE/DQM – for use with all industry Best Source Selectors
- Next Generation Adaptive Equalization (AE) – for RF Multi-Path mitigation
- Space Time Coding (STC) – mitigates the “2-antenna” interference issues & compatible with all STC transmitters
- Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) – selectable IRIG block sizes, coding rates & IRIG/CCSDS de-randomization & compatible with all LDPC transmitters
- Auxiliary I and Q TTL outputs – for enhanced demodulation and processing of QPSK demodulation formats
- Switched internal/external inputs to the embedded bit sync
- Multi-Channel TMoIP – in CH10 and IRIG 218-20 formats, with IRIG rear panel input for IRIG time-Tagging
- Built-In Self-Test (BIST) – embedded P/L/S/C Band modulated RF source and diagnostic software routines
- Embedded bit sync, frame sync, BERT & PN Pattern Generator – BER and other critical IRIG 118 testing
- Independent AM detection – fixed AGC Time Constant for antenna tracking without compromising telemetry data quality
- Playback – pre-d 70 MHz IF
- Multi-Channel Pre-d Record and Playback – selectable 75 kHz to 15 MHz and independent gain controls
- Viterbi, Turbo and Reed-Solomon FEC + FM/FM, PM/PSK Subcarrier and Spread Spectrum demodulation formats
- Dual Redundant “Hot Swappable” Power Supplies – enhanced operational reliability
Because of commonality in hardware and software design, all SEMCO 6U, 4U and 2U legacy receivers can be converted and upgraded to the 3U R300C Series platform. In this regard, 300+ legacy receivers have been converted and upgraded in this manner as of 2021…at a significant cost savings when compared to the price of a new receiver.
Contact us – we will be pleased to provide you additional technical information on this extraordinarily reliable and popular advanced technology receiver, as well as arrange a demonstration and evaluation at your facility.